Monday, January 6, 2014

Out There In Siberolina

I fell asleep to a ranging wind and pounding rain. I woke up to a different world, Siberolina with blowing snow at 14 degrees.





















What a difference a stormy night can make.





















The temperature has been steadily falling from the morning high. It is now 0. The sun hasn't even set.





















I wandered out there of course. Miss Collar did too. She is still out there at 0. I am sure she went next door. I hope I don't have to go fetch her before dark. The other two will have no part of this cold.





















I wanted to see how far yesterday's fire got before it was put out. Not bad. I wasn't expecting those three big logs to burn up. Two of them were not even really in the fire. They were used more for containment.





















I'll have all the rubbish piles in the sunny utility meadow burned up before spring. Then I can concentrate on editing. It will take me a few years to get rid of all the Clematis virginiana.





















My gazing balls arrived in the snow storm. I've heard you are supposed to suffer for art so I got out the ladder and put them in the mangled baskets in the wind chilled cold. Actually I couldn't wait. I had to see what they looked like. Pretty good. I could have gotten bigger balls, but these will do.

They do have small pin holes in them. When the weather gets better I may use those to center them in the baskets. Right now they can roll with the wind.





















Yep, they could have been bigger. I'll know better how it is when I can spend more time out in the garden without danger to life and limb.





















But the view from the dining room window is just fine.


4 comments:

beverly said...

yes, I think centered they will be fine! Stay warm; our Siberolina is coming in a few hours!

beverly said...

sorry, it duplicated so I deleted the 2nd one. No profanity!

Lola said...

The gazing balls look fine. I like your choice. Stay warm my friend. Gonna get cold here by morning. Wind is blowing.

Christopher C. NC said...

Bev duplicate comments seem to be a small problem of late. No big deal. I think I can hammer in a small finish nail and drop the balls on those via the pin hole to keep them centered.

Doing good Lola. Nice and cozy. Been doing my faucet running program all day. This now includes a load of laundry and dishes well spaced to add heat into the insulated plumbing box below.