Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Big Chill

But for the wind, this could be tolerable.




















This second arctic air mass is going for quantity over record setting lows. After a brief and slight warm up on Sunday, all of next week is showing highs at or below freezing.





















This is going to test my pipes, my endurance and my camellias.





















I'll be doing a lot of gazing.





















Hopefully it will break by the first of February. It's time to get back to work. Napping all the time is exhausting.


7 comments:

Dianne said...

You're gonna love my suggestion. If you will take the basket off the pole, then saw the top level, the ball might very well stay in the center. Yep, I'm a little cabin fevered and a little A.D.D.

Christopher C. NC said...

That is a fine Plan B Dianne. Fine for better weather. Frankly I have been stumped by this problem. Originally I was planning a lintel between the two tree trunks. I knew they would have to be sawed level for that. Once the baskets went on that thought evaporated.

Lola said...

I like Dianne's idea. Doesn't look like too much snow. Yet. lol

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola there is more cold than snow in the Big Chill it seems.

Dianne said...

Make sure to shape your basket to where you have a little cup to hold the ball....can you shape those things? OK, I will go crawl back into the fire now. Can we make it 'til Ground Hog Day? I might just kill his cousin if the sucker sees his shadow! And before PETA sees this, I do not kill animals, I rescue them. 'cept rats...........

beverly said...

Yep, tired of the cold too. We will all appreciate this spring when it finally comes.

Everything I think of 'shiny balls' I laugh out loud. (:

beverly said...

Everytime, sorry.