Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Daffodils Begin

The daffodils have responded to the warm seventy plus degrees.



























They are not alone. The Anemone blanda sprinkles the sunny utility meadow with cheery blooms in lavender hues.





















She never stops trying. The first of the catalog bought species tulips have arrived. Will planting them with the poisonous daffodils deter the bulb eating varmints? And for how long?



























There are close to three acres of wild cultivated gardens out there. The daffodils have just begun so there are no masses of color to see from a distance just yet. You must stroll the grounds to get a closer look. That is really the whole point.





















As the warm days add up 10,000 daffodils will come into bloom. The good news is I am not seeing all the rot and distorted and discolored leaves in them that I saw last year. The daffodils are looking much better this year. The show will go on.

I still plan to fertilize them with a systemic pesticide add on after the bloom is over again this year. I'm gonna decimate me some daffodil bot fly.


2 comments:

Sallysmom said...

My daffodils are finishing up now. It's nice to see yours.

Lola said...

My daffodiles are done for this yr. Would like to add more. Sure hope your are fine.