Saturday, August 2, 2014

Do Do That Poodoo

It is doing so well.

I may just give up the roadside vegetable garden and start growing everything in piles of dung. At the least, all squashes and melons belong in piles of dung. I have never seen this many butternut squash in my actual garden.





















My first pumpkin keeps getting bigger.





















Now there are more. Five, maybe even six pumpkins look like they have been pollinated, have set and are ready to grow. There is a pumpkin vine in each of the three piles. The other two have started vigorous growth in the last two weeks. There could be even more pumpkins.

I bet this is the most sincere pumpkin patch on this entire mountain top.





















There is voodoo in what I do. Amorphophallus konjac, the Voodoo Lily, started as a single pea sized tuber seven years ago and is now a two foot tall plant that has produced plenty new tubers. I planted one in the ground last fall, but haven't seen anything come up. I'll try again this year with this year's crop of leaf formed tubers.





















What kind of power have I tapped into out there?





















Last year's planting and seeding of Echinacea and Liatris in the sprayed spot is coming in well.



























Maybe my energy vortex transmitter/receiver really does work.





















That and enough know how to know when and how to let nature do what nature can do so well.





















My job is to plant, seed, edit and mow the paths on occasion. Most everything else is out of my hands. Except for that poodoo. I have acquired a power from a different source.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are blessed.

Danna said...

I was just reading some earlier posts...as I had gotten behind. It seems like your Clematis control is intense. My biggest dislike and distain is for the Green brier vines that take over, choking my Rhododendrons. How do you control green brier??

Christopher C. NC said...

Blessed with poo Lisa.

Danna are you talking this Greenbrier, http://www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/greenbrier.htm

It is tough to get rid of because it has a super deep potato like tuber. About all you can do is keep cutting it to the ground before it has a chance to photosynthesize and store more food in the tuber. Eventually it will weaken and die.

Danna said...

Yes!!! That is it...Smilax rotundifolia! Thanks for the link. I did a lot of Googling on it a while back. I wound up ordering a product called "Green Light Vine and Stump Killer". I used it on a couple of test vines, but I think it did not kill the main root tuber. I'm having a professional ground crew come in and cut back masses of GB from my rhodies....hope they are still alive underneath.