Saturday, March 21, 2015

Half Day In My Garden

It was nice and warm and the sun was out when I got back home. Just what I wanted.





















With all the open flowers I could see the new crocus ring all the way from the front porch.




















And the species tulips had opened.





















I hope they live long and prosper.



























Not bad for the first year. Now multiply.





















There was a reason I wanted to get home a little earlier today. Merry Christmas to me. I used a gift certificate to my favorite local nursery to buy some of my low mounding evergreen texture and color for the slope below the cozy cabin.

This will be enough of the Yucca filamentosa 'Color Guard' to have it sweep across the entire slope.





















Can you see them over there on the left side? Not to worry. By the time the barren time rolls around again they will have grown as big as the ones on the right that are clearly visible. Maybe the other baby evergreens will grow a little too.





















Now you can see the newly planted Yuccas. That is half of what I wanted to add to the slope. The Picea pungens 'Glauca Globosa' I want are on order and will be here in May. This will satisfy me for now.


2 comments:

Lola said...

By all means multiply. It looks so good. A few minutes sure make a difference.

Christopher C. NC said...

I hope the tulips multiply. The crocus do pretty well about that as long as they don't get et up.