Monday, March 9, 2015

Slowly

The week of warmish ahead is great. The week of rain coming with it I could do without. It is past time to go back to work. I'd much prefer it was a pleasant beginning.

The bulbs won't care. The warm will get them moving.





















The warm is moving the snowdrops to the other side of peak bloom. More are still popping up, so they aren't over.





















I have started to see the first daffodils in bloom down below. It won't be too much longer for them up here. It also means I have a garden in desperate need of a spring cleanup. This client wants his dried remnants to stand through the winter. I hope his daffodils are not too far along. It makes the cleanup a bit more challenging.





















Slowly the bulbs are starting to appear. Last fall I planted a ring of crocus and species tulips around my fire pit in the Great Lawn. I'm hoping to see a circle of blooming crocus.





















'Arnold's Promise' is finishing up the Witch Hazel season. The warmish will likely shorten the bloom duration. That's ok. There is plenty more to come and it is just getting started.


2 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Just about all spring bulbs are my favorites. But sadly many won't bloom here in the deep south. The rain every day this week will probably finish my daffs up. Oh, well, I can look at the pics on your blog.

Christopher C. NC said...

Sallysmom have you heard of the Southern Bulb Company? They specialize in bulbs for the south.
http://www.southernbulbs.com/