Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I Linger In A Meadow

Forgive me if the pictures are starting to look the same. The changes are subtle from day to day. Would you believe it is no where near peak bloom? There is much more yet to come.





















Joe Pye is the current star of the show. The Boneset is equally abundant. It's white color makes it more of a back ground player. It's an important color to have.

The goldenrods and white snakeroot are just starting. Multitudes of aster are yet to come. It gets even better. I pause on the front porch gazing over the meadow and linger.





















I linger and ponder. There is room for expansion across the crease in the bottom of the meadow in that green blob of snapweed. More editing and more seeds will take care of that.

Snapweed is the two native impatiens. They are fine in a way. The humminsbirds love them. The stands get so thick and tall, the result is a near allelopathic reaction in other plants. Where there is snapweed, that may be all you have. I want more diversity and better color.

The humming birds will just have to use the full acre of it in the back forty.





















The Tall Flower Meadow is head high and beyond in places. A person could walk the paths and not be seen from above. Entering the garden you are immersed in a different realm.





















So I linger because it happens only once a year.


3 comments:

Sallysmom said...

I have Joe Pye in a pot on the patio pulled over to semi shade. It was doing fine but then all of a sudden just died. I can only hope the roots are alive and will return next year.

Lola said...

Lingering can be good. I used to do the same when there.

Christopher C. NC said...

Sallysmom I have had Joe Pye stems attacked by some kind of stem boring insect. That does kill the stem not the roots. I have enough to spare though.

Lola I would like to linger more.